need advice and friends

MaryAnne

need advice and friends

Post by MaryAnne »

I just found this site...I hope it is updated often...I want more 'honest' answers then I tend to get from my Dr's. A bit of history. I am A TYPE 2 diabetic;
I AM on disability for Fibromyalgia. Thyroid Disorder(of course) and in Oct 2010 a small tumor was found on my thyroid; too small to surgically remove. Also in October, I was diagnosed with 'smoldering' Leukemia, or pre-leukemia. So far no problem; I can live with all those things. In February I had what I believed to be a Leukemia induced siezure. 24 hours later in ICU I was told there was a large mass on my brain. It is Glioblastoma. Surgery was done March 4th, they could not remove it all.. I Have had 3 radiation treatments and 2 doses of oral chemo so far; this treatment will last 6 weeks, and then I will decide on further infusion Chemo. This IS the course my Dr's feel is best for me, and that they will be able to eradicate what they could not get during surgery. Bu,t not one single comprehensive answer about survival and/or qaulity of life has been given to me. I ask repeatedly to be given all images, surgical notes, etc. As an RN I am simply not able to accept anything less then having it all in front of me. Even though I trust these Drs, I also won't simply 'except' that this is my best course of action until I totally understand what is happening to my brain and body.. I am an RN. I simply can't settle for just going along with what they decide is best..anything would help friends, especially in regards to finding support and getting my family through this horrible ordeal. APPARENTLY NONE OF THE THREE CANCERS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER. SO HOW THE HELL HAVE I ENDED UP WITH ALL THREE OF THEM INVADING ME LIKE THIS? IT IS JUST ALL TOO STRANGE! Any advice, suggestions?
Thank you so much,
MaryAnne

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:00 pm.

Return to “Glioblastoma”