Fatal Familial Insomnia

Cam

Fatal Familial Insomnia

Post by Cam »

Hey, I am 21 years old, and I have gone almost 4 months with very little to no sleep. I was diagnosed with anxiety back in January, and I have a hard time believing it. All of the things that I say are wrong with me are apparently just symptoms of my supposed anxiety, and my parents aND treatment team say that I am thinking about them. I know for a fact that this is not anxiety, because I don't think about the problems; I have them. Although all of the tests they did on me (blood work twice, urine sample, 2 ECGS, a gastroscopy, and a swallowing test) were fine, I still know that I am not fine. I always look well rested to everyone who sees/interacts with me, and I never feel tired before bed. Like I have said, this has been going on for almost 4 months. Sleeping pills don't help, because of a swallowING issue I still have. Also because I am almost 100% sure my body is not accepting the pills. I am also very sure that my body is not taking in all of the nutrients from foods and fluids. My mood has always been low/neutral for the past 3 months, I believe. When I try to close my eyes, I have to force them shut, and they become very twitchy. Plus, I almost know that I am not sleeping with them shut. There are a number of other problems, but that should be about good, as this message is already very long. Do I have FFI or some other sleep disorder?
Cam

Re: Fatal Familial Insomnia

Post by Cam »

Might I also mention that I had trouble getting to sleep in mid-January, and some of my problems starred in January. This no sleep thing really did a number on my brain and body.
Cameron

Re: Fatal Familial Insomnia

Post by Cameron »

It's been almost 8 months since I lost the ability to sleep. My parents and treatment team still believe that I have anxiety. It's not anxiety. I lost the ability to sleep, which screwed up many functions in my body.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:01 pm.

Return to “Insomnia, Fatal Familial”