Mastoiditis

harley_girl_1000

Mastoiditis

Post by harley_girl_1000 »

I've had MASTOIDITIS since Oct '12. It started out as a neck injury in May '12 (C1 fracture/subluxation). The infection moved from the C1 fracture into the middle rt. ear. Then it progressed to the middle left ear and finally ended up at the occipital in Oct '12. Once it was there, I had every symptom of meningitis from temp swings to 3 TIAs, hearing loss, dizziness, stiff neck, headache that never resolves, worse headache when I turn my head left or right. My brain felt like it was on FIRE. I really believe that the headaches are brain damaging. Went to 5 ENTs, 3 Primary Care Physicians, 1 Acupuncturist, 4 Chiropractors, 1 Neurologist, 2 Neurosurgeons, 1 Orthopeodic Surgeon, and 4 Hospital ERs and here I am the same as always (except with a lot of medical bills). One ER tried to do an ear flush and used a high pressure to squirt tap water through my punctured ear drum ... that took a month to recover from (WTF). Docs have given me AMOX and AMOX CLAV. My rt ear drum now has scar tissue. Nothing worked so now the hearing center says I'm losing my hearing in my left ear. The headache/dizziness is permanent and I got demoted, at work, since I couldn't hear my co-workers in the factory. Wiki says this problem is rare and yet I've met others who are suffering the same. Are the antibiotics no longer working? Why don't Docs take this seriously anymore? I've had the worst luck with ENTS.

Return to “Mastoiditis”