Osteod osteoma

Ghufran

Osteod osteoma

Post by Ghufran »

I have developed a bony growth around 1 year ago in near my upper last 2 molar teeth. I visited to a Head and neck surgeon, he checked my OPG x ray and did physical examination. Then he told me that this is nothing just bening osteod osteoma of alveolar palat. The lesion is just oval shap bony growth without any pain. But it's remain the same yet. The only symptom is oval shape bony growth on another bone. I reacheck again after 3 months. The doctor told me again that this is asymptomatic and there is no need for medicine or surgery. He also afraid me that if I do surgery it can be dangerous. So leave at and forget it. If any bleeding or pain or growth occur then recheck again otherwise no need to worry. I am a Nursing instructor Practitioner and also work in a cancer hospital. But still I have some queries like now the area is painless and growth also stopped but some people and literature I read they said that there is chance to convert into malagnent. Can some one told me about my query. Thanks

Return to “Osteoma, Osteoid”