POST CONCUSSION SYNDROME

PAIGIRL

POST CONCUSSION SYNDROME

Post by PAIGIRL »

I have had PCS for almost 8 years now. I am assuming that my life style change since the initial injury is permanent. My MRI is normal so Dr is saying that I should be normal with no problems. Yet I still have many headaches which they now want me to get Botox injections for those. My only problem is I am allergic to so many medicines that Botox scares the crap out of me.
I have short term memory loss at times. I also have problems understanding people when they talk to me. Its like they are speaking a foreign language and then they get angry because they have to repeat themselves 4 or 5 times to me. Then they say and I am so tired of this line. What part of that don't you understand. I quickly respond the whole part and my temper flares to extreme and that never happened before my head injury.
Yet after all the crap Im still going through the Dr said I should be normal and that there is no way I should still have symptoms after almost 8 years. Hey I got news for them I still do and I get so frustrated.
I look normal to people so they think I am normal yet there are so many things going on still. I know now that I have to accept my life this way but it is still very hard at times. I know now that I can not run away from everything that I get anxious about still because running away just makes things worse and adds to your problems. I know now to just deal with the anxiety and it will pass and it wont kill me.
I know now that my speech at times isn't so good and people laugh at me so depending on my mood sometimes I will laugh with them and then there are times I get so angry because Im tired of not being able to speak right. I'm tired of people telling me I'm normal. No I am not normal. No I will never have my old life back but I will live the best I can.
For those of you with vertigo and dizziness I have recently learned that they have physical therapy treatments for that. I haven't tried it yet but will update on if I do or not.
My heart goes out to every single person who is going through PCS and pray for you.
I also pray that as complicated as the brain is that DR's and workers comp would have more knowledge of PCS to help people right away instead of making them wait for 4 months like I had to before I got help. The little help that I received.

Return to “Post-Concussion Syndrome”