WPW

djsharpe

WPW

Post by djsharpe » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:40 am

if you have had an ablation or been diagnosed with WPW then you have already had an EKG.. i had Mahaim Fiber AND Wolff Parkinson White; And they told me that the only way for it to show on an EKG is to go have one done in the middle of one of the "spells" or "attacks," during preexcitation, otherwise it would never show up on a normal EKG when you're not in the middle of it. Next time you have another spell go directly to the hospital and explain whats happening, they'll probably give you adenosine like they did me to slow down your heartrate and revert it back to normal, EKGS, a heart ECHO (ultrasound pretty much) and then probably schedule you for another catheter ablation. i am sorry to hear your symptoms are reshowing. i had my ablation done at duke university medical center last may (may 2011) and i have had no signs or symptoms since thank goodness. i hope if you do have to have another ablation that the second time it will totally alleviate all your symptoms for good! good luck!

Return to “Pre-Excitation, Mahaim-Type”