Long Term Effects of RMSF

KE

Long Term Effects of RMSF

Post by KE » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:01 pm

I was diagnosed with RMSF 6 weeks after onset. I began with just a general ill feeling. Same night, I was awoken by my husband didn't to me screaming in my sleep. I had uncontrollable abdominal pain and a fever of 103.5. I saw my GP that afternoon and they were convinced it was appendicitis. ER visit made. Ruled out appendicitis and any STD, viral, or bacterial infection. They did not do any form of panel for tick borne illness although I repetitively told them I had been bitten. I was admitted due to the inability to reduce my fever that had gotten over 104. Ruled out meningitis. I was hospitalized for a total of 3 days with IV fluids. Severe headache began on day two of hospitalization. I was released and within two weeks I was unable to stand without assistance. I had a severe headache that would not go away, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, cyanotic episodes, breathing difficulties, and incredible abdominal pain. After bouncing from doctor to doctor and being told it was something as simple as a migraine to a uterine infection, my OBGYN called the CDC. I had then been on doxy for 4 days. This was week 6. Since I have had weakness in my lower back, severe diarrhea, weight loss, and the same severe abdominal pain. I can not get anyone locally to assist in this. Every physician I have seen claims there are no lasting effect of RMSF. I am to the point of hopelessness as this has been happening for the last 18 months. I have had every test under the sun. Endoscopy, colonoscopy, IBD panel, MRI of abdomen, CT scans, etc. Are there any physicians that specialize in this disease?

Return to “Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever”