Minor carotid artery pain

sammysgirl73

Minor carotid artery pain

Post by sammysgirl73 »

I consider myself a hypochondriac, but I need opinions. I was in a car accident a couple days ago where we rear ended a car on the freeway. We were trying to stop, just weren't fast enough. Anyway, I was in the passenger seat so the airbag deployed and I put my arm up to block It subconsciously. I didn't feel pain until a few hours after the accident. I have minor aches in my back and my sternum. My neck has been slightly sore I think because of how I blocked the airbag it caused my shoulder to hurt and it made my neck a little sore.
However I have noticed a minor pain under my ear where I believe the carotid artery is. I don't have any major headaches or vision loss or anything, but I was wondering if something could be wrong with the artery or if I'm just overreacting. My parents don't really want to take me to the doctors but they might if something really appears to be wrong. So I'd like to know if it's just the muscles onmy neck are sore so I think it's my artery or could there be something wrong?

Return to “Carotid Artery Injuries”