treatment for Mononeuropathies?
I'd be really grateful if anyone can find me the treatment for this, it's really urgent. Its the radial nerve and the area affected is a third left forearm, lateral side close to the wrist.
i did a little reserach and this is wat i found:
The goal of treatment is to allow the person to use the affected body part as much as possible.
The cause of the mononeuropathy should be identified and treated as appropriate. In some cases, no treatment is required and the person gets better on their own.
High blood pressure and diabetes can cause injury to an artery, which can often affect a single nerve. The underlying condition should be treated.
Corticosteroids injected into the area may reduce swelling and pressure on the nerve. Surgery may be recommended if the symptoms are caused by entrapment of the nerve. Surgery to relieve the pressure on the nerve may help in some cases.
* Over-the-counter or prescription pain medicine may be needed to control pain (neuralgia).
* Prescription medications may be used to reduce stabbing pains, including gabapentin, pregabalin, phenytoin, carbamazepine, duloxetine, or tricyclic antidepressants such as amitriptyline or nortriptyline. Whenever possible, the use of these drugs should be avoided or minimized to reduce the risk of medication side effects.
* Physical therapy exercises to maintain muscle strength
* Orthopedic braces, splints, or other appliances
* Vocational counseling, occupational therapy, occupational changes, job retraining, or similar interventions (+ info
We do not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content in this site. Click here for the full disclaimer.