What is the best natural cure for sinusitis?
I suffer from chronic sinusitis and after 6 years of doctors and E.N.T's im sick of medicine so im attempting to treat/soothe the problem naturally if possible. any suggestions are welcome.
Sinusitis is treated with medications and home treatment measures, such as applying moist heat to your face. The goals of treatment for sinusitis are to:
Improve drainage of mucus and reduce swelling in the sinuses.
Relieve pain and pressure.
Clear up any infection.
Prevent the formation of scar tissue, and avoid permanent damage to the tissues lining the nose and sinuses.
Medications may be used to treat sinusitis, especially when it is caused by a bacterial infection. There are varying lengths of treatment with medications—treatment may be as short as three days or last as long as several weeks or more. Medications most often used to treat sinusitis include a combination of:
Antibiotics, such as amoxicillin, which kill bacteria.
Decongestants, such as pseudoephedrine hydrochloride, which reduce the swelling of the mucous membranes in the nose.
Analgesics, such as aspirin, acetaminophen, or ibuprofen, to relieve pain.
Corticosteroids, such as beclomethasone dipropionate or prednisone, which reduce inflammation in the nasal passages. These medications may also be used as an inhaled nasal spray.
Mucolytics, such as guaifenesin, which thin the mucus.
With chronic sinusitis, there is no cure, you're never really free from symptoms and always have a low level of sinusitis symptoms. The best recommendation is an allergy medication such as allegra. Keep humidifiers in you home and air fileres to help redue the risk or recurrences. (+ info
Can sinusitis be the cause of a stuffy head?
I live in a dry environment with lots of dust and a high altitude. I suffer from chronic sinusitis (not very bad but still there). My head often feels "stuffy", as if I cannot think properly. Can this be due to the sinusitis?
your nasel passages are blocked try placing a small bowl
saucer on window shelf or under radiator to absorb air borne particles also try an humidifier (+ info
Is there a natural alternative to antibiotics to treat sinusitis?
I have occasional bouts with sinusitis and sinus infections from flying and traveling from one climate to another within days. This causes face pain, headaches and dizziness as a result of fullness in the ears. The only option physicians seem to offer is antibiotics (up to fourteen days' worth at a time) and decongestants. I understand though that taking antibiotics too often can wear down the natural immune system. Any alternatives?
I've suffered from sinusitis for as long as I can remember. In fact, I'm experiencing it now.
I have a couple of things to say:
1) Sinusitis is only occasionally caused by bacterial infection. It can also be viral or fungal. Your decision not to continue anti-biotics, especially if they aren't working, is wise. And to whomever said you could DIE by not taking them is a nut job and has no idea what they're talking about.
2) Decongestants can often make sinusitis WORSE. Why? Because they dry out your sinuses which inflames the sinus membranes more, causing them to produce MORE phlegm (only now its thicker because its dry) which cause more pressure, becomes harder to expectorate and can aggravate the problem long term even if they provide short term relief).
3) My FAVORITE thing to use when I have sinus problems is a neti pot. It looks kind of gross, but it works WONDERS. I use it every day when my sinuses act up, and it clears me out and moistens the linings of my sinuses so that they don't hurt, feel dry, etc. Here is a link with some info: http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise/neti-pot.htm
4) Here is the suggested treatment methods from webMD. http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/Sinusitis-Home-Treatment
While I do know someone who has had the surgery, I'd be leary of selecting that option unless you have tried everything else ad nauseum. If your bouts are truly "occasional" as you say, surgery may be overkill. Try the neti pot (or similar practice) and read the webMD page first.
Hope that helps! (+ info
How do i treat sinusitis and are there any foods to avoid?
Ive been diagnosed with sinusitis its really bad so bad you feel as though your heads going to explode had mri scan and full health check and doctor said head is clear except for this condition
sinusitis is a sinus infection and the only way to fully treat it is antibiotics. foods have nothing to do with it. i use to get it so bad that I had to have sinus surgery...so I know how you feel they suck (+ info
Soar throat from sinusitis or allergies. How do I get rid of it?
I have the soarest throat ever from all the drainage from either sinusitis or allergies (it just started raining everyday, which can trigger them for me). My tonsils are really swollen but just red, they don't have white spots. I have a headache, in the front of my head, and i'm tired a hell. No fever or anything.
I can deal with all of it, just this soar throat is awful. It's just so dry like I don't wanna talk or sleep or anything.
Is there anything that can relieve my soar throat. I gargled with listerine and I've heard hot salt water can help but is there anything else?
I don't really want to numb the throat I want to make the soreness heal quicker.
And If you don't want to answer the question, then don't post anything. Thanks.
What causes the sore throat is mucus draining down the back of it. During allergy season, allergens cause a histamine reaction in your head, causing increased mucus production....leading to sinusitis. What you need to do is to thin the mucus or get rid of it all together. To thin the mucus, try a product containing guaifenesin (ie Mucinex). To decrease the mucus, take an OTC antihistamine such as Allevert, Claritin, Benedryl, ect. To dry up the mucus that is already there, get something with a decongestant like Pseudoephedrine or Phenylephrine (Sudafed). I, personally take Claritin-D 24hr every day when I wake up during allergy season when it gets bad. And I take a 25mg Benedryl before I lay down to sleep (they make me sleepy). Hope this helps! (+ info
Can I use provillus even if I start losing hair at the frontal lobe?
Can I use provillus even if I start losing hair at the frontal lobe?
It says it is only for people who are losing hair on the Vertex.
I was wondering if it can help, generally restore hair in the frontal lobe.
I know there are crusial vitamins for hair growth, that is why i want to use it.
Should I even try it?
You said there are vitamins for hair growth? REALLY?
To promote hair growth:
Eat healthier foods. Avoid pills, supplements, bottled drinks to make your hair grow, etc. . . . just another propaganda that will make you gain weight or get sick elsewhere. FDA don't even approve of them, until someone gets very very sick, because they don't have manpower to investigate them all.
Most of all it takes a lot of patience!
But you'll never know unless you try. Please try it, and come back and tell us your result, I'm dying to know. (+ info
How do i get the dried up blood out of my nose after having Endoscopic Sinusitis Surgery?
I had Endoscopic Sinusitis surgery done on Thursday. The surgery went well and i had my post-op visit yesterday to have the tubes removed. I was told i couldn't sneeze through my nose or blow my nose or really do anything to my nose. What do you think the easiest way is to try and get a little of the snot and blood out of my nose?
If you're not supposed to blow it or sneeze through it, don't put anything up there, for sure.
Try heating up a wet wash cloth in the microwave and setting it on your face and inhaling the steam.
Gargling with warm salt water can help hydrate the sinuses and prevent complications.
Best of luck. (+ info
What are natural remedies for sinusitis ?
Does anyone know what are some natural house remedies for stuffy nose or sinusitis ?? Easy natural remedies, in which you don`t have to mix many ingredients, since I don`t think I have so many ingredients available. What can be done ??? Can people who have this condition, die from not being able to breathe ????
-------------------------Do's and Don't for Sinusitis-------------------
- Include green vegetables, fruits, cereals, salads, etc in your diet.
- Eat raw garlic and onions in good amount. It will open the nasal congestion and helps in curing sinusitis.
- Eat healthy and nutritional foods to keep body and mind healthy.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses and fruit juice.
- Take ginger, cinnamon tea with little sugar and milk. This is very effective in opening nasal congestion.
- Eat fresh juicy fruits like oranges, and other Vitamin C-rich fruits. Freshly prepared orange juice or sweet grape juice both works very well in curing sinusitis.
- Do not eat junk and oily foods, chocolates, sweets, etc.
- Take water vapor; this will loosen and helps in easy discharge of mucus.
- Add a pinch of salt lukewarm water and gargle 2-3 times a day.
- Don’t take milk or any kind of milk product. They will cause congestion and breathing problem.
---------------------Home Remedies for Sinusitis-------------------
- Ginger is an effective home remedy for the treatment of viral and nasal problems. Its extract is commonly used for curing sinusitis. Take small pieces of raw ginger and extract its juice. Take 1-2 teaspoon of this extract twice a day, until the disease s not cured completely.
- Boil a teaspoon full of mustard seeds and in a glass of water until the water content reduces to half. Allow it to cool a little. With the help of a dropper, put 3-4 drops in the nose.
- Cumin seeds are also used in curing sinusitis. Take a teaspoon of cumin seeds in a perforated cotton cloth. Inhale the cumin fragrance.
- Cinnamon seeds are very effective in curing sinusitis. Take 1-2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder; add a little amount of water to it. Apply this paste over the head and nose.
--------------Herbal Remedies for Sinusitis-----------------------
- Garlic is an effective home remedy for sinusitis. Take 4-5 garlic seeds and soak in water for some time. Make its paste and inhale its fragrance. This will loosen the mucus and will make breathing easier.
- Fenugreek (methi) seeds are also very helpful in treating sinusitis. Prepare a mixture by adding 2-3 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in a glass of water. Boil till the water content reduces to half. Drain the mixture, and take in small sips. Take this mixture 2-3 times a day until the disease is not cured completely.
http://www.ayushveda.com/homeremedies/sinusitis.htm (+ info
what are the difference between sinusitis,eosinophilia and bronchitis?
what are the difference and symptoms between sinusitis,eosinophilia and bronchitis?is three are connected?
Sinusitis is in the sinuses..nasal area....Bronchitis ..is in the bronchia...lungs...not sure about the eosinophilla..hope this helps. (+ info
What tests and treatments do they do for goiters/thyroid disordors/sinusitis?
I possibly might 1 of the 3, my head always hurts and my doctor said something about my neck being big or something. I just got a blood test for thyroid disordor and x-ray for sinusitis.
Any other tests they could do to me? What would be the treatments?
you basically have the primary diagnostics already. that blood test you had identifies if you have thyroid hormone problem and as youve mentioned xray if you have sinus congestions.
if all of that tests results comes up normal. additional diagnostics that can be done would be thyroid ultrasound. this detects if you have thyroid enlargement (presence of mass). if that turns positive then fine needle biopsy is suggested.
hope this helps :) (+ info
We do not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content in this site. Click here for the full disclaimer.