FAQ - vulvitis
(Powered by Yahoo! Answers)

How do I ease pain from vaginal blisters caused by vulvitis?

I have vulvitis from an allergic reaction. I've gotten it a few times and it is super painful. I get blisters and the skin gets raw. The doctor gives me stuff to treat, but hasn't given me anything to ease the pain. It burns horribly when I urinate. The pain is so bad it brings me to tears. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas how to ease the pain and burning?

Risquidamol gel (not sure on the spelling)for the blisters to numb, drink bi-carb if you can stomach it or potassium citrate preparation from chemist to take the acidity out of your pee, try frozen peas(or similar)on the affected area wrapped in a towel to ease pain, take ibuprofen now &every 4 hours, then paracetamol in 2 hours&every 4 hours so you have pain relief every 2 hours. Ibuprofen works on swelling&nerve endings¶cetamol works on the pain censors in the brain. Maybe put a LITTLE salt in your bath to help the blisers heal.Feel better soon xx  (+ info)

How can I get rid of vulvitis caused by allergic reaction?

I don't have health insurance so I can't go to the doctor. I've had this 2 times before and I went to the doctor both times, so I know what it is. I just can't get rid of it, but I can't afford to go to the doctor this time. How can I get rid of this? I've tried hydrocortisone cream and it got a little better at first but since it hasn't gotten any better.

Go to Planned Parenthood - they are free or on a as you can afford scale. Or, call up the pharmacy and ask for a refill on the prescripion you got before, maybe your doctor will refill it without seeing you since you've had this twice before.  (+ info)

Does Vulvitis heal on it's own with no medication?

Can vulvitis heal without medication ? I haven't been to the doctor yet, but by the symptoms I can tell, that I have vulvitis, but I don't want to see the doctor if it can heal without medication. Or perhaps there is some kind of treatment, which does not require a doctors prescription?

Of course.If the reason is eliminated lesion will disappear.  (+ info)

Does anyone know what dysuria and vulvitis is?

What do these terms mean and what do they mean for someone who has tested negative for stds but has been diagnosed with these two problems ...

  (+ info)

is herpes and vulvitis the same thing?

regarding STD's the symptoms are the same can you have one and be told it is the other. are they the same or different?
Will treatment for one help with the other? Or do they have different treament?

They are not the same thing.

Vulvitis is a condition of inflammation of the vulva of a female. It may be caused by or related to dermatitis, eczema, infection by bacteria, viruses, or fungi, or an allergic reaction. It's not an STD.

Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by the herpes simplex viruses type 1 (HSV-1) and type 2 (HSV-2). Most genital herpes is caused by HSV-2. Most individuals have no or only minimal signs or symptoms from HSV-1 or HSV-2 infection. When signs do occur, they typically appear as one or more blisters on or around the genitals or rectum. The blisters break, leaving tender ulcers (sores) that may take two to four weeks to heal the first time they occur. Typically, another outbreak can appear weeks or months after the first, but it almost always is less severe and shorter than the first outbreak. Although the infection can stay in the body indefinitely, the number of outbreaks tends to decrease over a period of years.

They have different treatments. One has no effect on the other.  (+ info)

What could fluid or hemorrhages in the pelvic area mean?

my mom has been having a rough time.the doctors diagnosed her with vulvadynia and vulvitis, and she has severe nerve pain in her pudendal nerve. this has been going on for about 8 months? and she got an MRI done the other day and the doctor just said he found there could be fluid or hemorrages in the pelvic area. he sent it to the gynecologist for them to look at. what could this mean? tell me EVERYTHING please.im really worried.

This is a tough question and it sounds like you're really worried. Hopefully you and your mother can get some better answers from the gynecologist. Meanwhile here is some basic information:

Vulvadynia is often characterized by burning discomfort, itching, throbbing, or tenderness of the vulva - sometimes in the labia, sometimes around the opening of the vagina, sometimes affecting the vestibular glands - which may be experienced either as diffused irritation or as specific painful spots. The group of symptoms is classified by many names, partly because of the ways in which it may present or respond to treatment: vulvar pain syndrome, focal vulvitis, vestibular adenitis, vulvodynia, vulvar vestibulitis, or simply vestibulitis.



Vulvitis is simply an inflammation of the vulva, the soft folds of skin outside the vagina. This is not a condition but rather a symptom that results from a host of diseases, infections, injuries, allergies, and other irritants. Diagnosing and treating this condition can be frustrating because it is often difficult to determine the specific cause of the irritation.


The pudendal nerve is a sensory, autonomic, and motor nerve that carries signals to and from the genitals, anal area, and urethra. There are slight differences in the nerve branches for each person but typically there are three branches of the nerve on each side of the body; a rectal branch, a perineal branch and a clitoral/penile branch. There is ongoing research into the exact areas innervated by the pudendal nerve. PN occurs when the nerve or one of its branches becomes damaged, inflamed, or entrapped.


As far as the fluid or hemorrhages- I can't answer that question and really recommend that you ask a medical professional. I hope that you and your mom get the information and help that you need.  (+ info)

Desperate for info on Chronic Vulvitis!?! Please help!!?

I posed a question over the weekend regarding cervical pain after biopsy. I got a frustrating diagnosis from my OB of chronic vulvitis. Treatment prescribed is strongest steroid cream on the market. Not a lot of explaination on vulvitis. Does anyone know anything about vulvitis with a discoloration of the skin? Mine was not caused by allergies or irritants. The only habit of mine that has changed in the last year is that I have quit smoking. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!!

http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/azhealthtopics/a/vulvitissymtrtr.htm...found some info there  (+ info)

Vulvitis due to sinus infection?

I've had a sinus infection for the last 7 or 8 days, for which I am currently on a course of antibiotics. The day before yesterday, my boyfriend and I couldn't find the bottle of lube, so without really thinking about it, I used some of my saliva "down there" before intercourse. I woke up the next morning with a lot of redness, burning, and itching on my labia and in the rest of the vulvar area, but no noticeable pain in the vagina itself. In the past I have occasionally been a little bit sore or irritated around the urethra, but this is very different--it is widespread and has more of an itching and burning sensation rather than a raw or sore feeling.

I do not believe I have any discharge, but it is hard to tell because I have just started my period.

My suspicion is that this sudden flare-up is due to the bacteria that is causing my sinus infection, which would have been present in my saliva. Is that a likely explanation? And if so, will the antibiotics I am currently taking for the sinus infection help treat the vulvitis as well?

your irritation in the vaginal area could be due to the antibiotic that you are taking depending on the type you are taking - sometimes antibiotics will get rid of the normal flora in the vaginal area that is beneficial to keeping the vagina healthy - so you could have the start of a yeast infection. I would call your prescribing MD a tell him/her whats going on - The same thing happened to me when I was on antibiotics  (+ info)

My vulva is used to regular douching, what should I do?

I recently red that regular douching is bad for it and I get vulvitis from time to time too because of my risen sensitivity. What should I do? How do I get off the douching?

i don't understand why you would want to regular douche your vagina. it really doesn't need it, and it IS really bad for it. just do it the oldfashion (NORMAL) way and use good ol' soup & water. the vagina believe it or not, actually cleans itself. it doesn't really need to be cleaned at all. Strange huh?  (+ info)

Zoons vulvitis and linkin scleroses?

do anyone know anything about these skin trouble Likin scleroses.it also effects men as well
sometimes it is know to effect more than one family member

Zoon's and lichen sclerosis (of the vulva) are caused by inflammation in the skin of the genitals. In lichen sclerosis, there is atrophy of the outer skin layer (epidermis)and deposition of fibrin under the skin. It looks like a dry white patch of skin, which may be itchy. It's probably more worrisome in females, since it can cause narrowing of the vaginal and anal openins, rarely causing the labia to adhere in children. The treatment will involve steroid creams to curb the inflammation. Try a general web search for websites dedicated to these conditions, and don't hesistate to seek help if you think you have one of them.  (+ info)

1  2  

Leave a message about 'vulvitis'

We do not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content in this site. Click here for the full disclaimer.